11 amazing facts, 11 amazing mind boggling facts, 11 mind boggling facts, amazing facts, egyptians, friday the 13th, gandhi, mind blowing, mississippi river, news, north korea, oregon state, shakespeare, surprising facts
No matter how much time you spend on the internet reading about various stuff, there’s always something surprising or shocking that comes across. That something is just some random fact that’s been there since long but you don’t about it.
Obviously, these rare facts are as surprising to others as well as they are to you and only a very few people know about them.
Here we have compiled a list of 11 such mind boggling facts. Check out.
1. In 1811, a large earthquake temporarily reversed the direction of flow of the Mississippi River.[Source]
2. The largest living thing is a 2,400 year old mushroom that covers 2,200 acres of Oregon’s Malheur National Forest. [Source]
3. Egyptians shaved their eyebrows when mourning their deceased cats.[Source]
4. Japan has the most vending machines in the world (5.52 million) which is more than the population of New Zealand.[Source]
5. Israel has the world’s largest, most advanced underground hospital (2,000 beds). [Source]
6. The first known description of a Rhinoplasty (nose job) procedure was by an Indian named Sushruta, 2500 years ago.[Source]
7. North Korea has 18 state sanctioned female hairstyles. [Source]
8. Just like fingerprints, every person also has a unique tongue print. [Source]
9. The spelling of William Shakespeare’s name was not fixed until the 20th century.[Source]
10. An estimated $700-$800 million dollars is lost every Friday the 13th due to people’s refusal to travel, make major purchases, and conduct business.[Source]
11. Gandhi never actually said, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” An unknown person paraphrased the quote from a passage Gandhi wrote.[Source]
How many of the above mentioned facts you already knew?
Originally published at Carbonated.tv