We all know that sleep is crucial for humans and no one can function properly without enough of it. Regardless of how well informed we are about sleep, there are some aspects that remain an unsolved mystery.
Scientists over the last couple of decades have been able to measure brain waves to find out what goes on inside our heads at night and they have successfully managed to reveal to us numerous bizarre facts.
Here we have put together some of those little-known facts for you to go through. Check them out.
1. Lack of sleep might make people hungrier than normal.
2. People who sleep 6 to 7 hours at night, live longest.
3. Men dream about other men 70% of the time.
4. You’d die from sleep deprivation before food deprivation. It takes 2 weeks to starve but 10 days without sleep can kill you.
5. Within 5 minutes of waking up 50% of your dream is forgotten. Within 10 minutes, 90% is gone.
6. Blind people can see images in dreams.
7. 1 out of 50 teenagers still wet their beds.
8. You can only dream about faces you have already seen.
9. Some people sleep with their eyes open.
10. An average human spends 1/3 of their life sleeping.
11. An average person wakes up about six times per night.
12. 12% of people dream in black and white.
13. Somniphobia is called the fear of sleep.
If there’s any other fact you think is worth mentioning over here, please share in the comments section.
Originally published at Carbonated.tv